Huesca capital is a city full of history, art and culture. With a privileged location in the heart of the Pyrenees, it offers endless possibilities for nature, gastronomy and history lovers. If you are planning a visit to Huesca, don’t miss these 10 things you can’t miss:
- The Cathedral of Santa María: Located in the old part of the city, it is an impressive monument from the 13th century that combines Romanesque and Gothic elements.
- The City Hall: One of the most emblematic buildings of the city, with a Renaissance facade dating from the 16th century.
- The Monastery of San Pedro el Viejo: A 12th century Romanesque monastery with an impressive defensive tower.
- The Diocesan Museum: A museum that houses an impressive collection of religious art, from Romanesque to Baroque.
- The Museum of Huesca: A museum that tells the history of the city, from prehistoric times to the present.
- The Palace of the Kings of Aragon: A 12th century palace that housed the Aragonese kings and is now the seat of the Government of Aragon.
- The Plaza de Navarra: A square with a special charm, surrounded by historic buildings and with a great atmosphere in the terraces of its bars and restaurants.
- The Central Market: A modernist-style market that is a real treasure for food lovers and where you can find local and seasonal products.
- Miguel Servet Park: An urban park with a great variety of plant species, a pond and a botanical garden.
- Loarre Castle: Although it is not located in Huesca capital, it is worth a trip to visit this medieval fortress located about 30 kilometers from the city.
These are just some of the many things you can do and see in Huesca. If you like history, art, culture and gastronomy, this city will surprise you, don’t miss it!