Within this framework, the Department of Agriculture, Livestock and Environment of the Government of Aragon published in the Official Gazette of Aragon (BOA) this Wednesday, April 7, a new call for grants to support participation in agri-food quality schemes for the year 2021.
The purpose of the subsidy, framed in the RDP 2014-2020, is to grant added value to the products obtained in agricultural and livestock farms through the participation of their owners in one of the quality schemes of the Autonomous Community, thus improving the marketing possibilities and increasing the profitability of farms.
Eligible expenditure is as follows:
- Cost of registration in the quality scheme.
- Annual participation fee (up to a maximum of five years).
- The cost of the checks necessary to verify compliance with the specifications of the quality scheme.
Farmers, livestock farmers and groups of farmers and/or livestock farmers who are participating for the first time may be beneficiaries of the subsidy, provided that they are registered in the corresponding quality scheme after the aid application has been submitted and those who applied for aid in 2017 and 2020 and their application was accepted, so this would be their second, third, fourth or fifth year of payment; in any of the following quality schemes:
- Protected Designation of Origin (PDO) “Jamón de Teruel” / “Paleta de Teruel”.
- PDO “Aceite del Bajo Aragón” / “Aceite del Bajo Aragón” PDO
- PDO “Melocotón de Calanda” / “Melocotón de Calanda” PDO
- PDO “Aceite Sierra del Moncayo” / “Aceite Sierra del Moncayo” PDO
- PDO ‘Cebolla Fuentes de Ebro’ PDO ‘Onion Fuentes de Ebro
- Protected Geographical Indication (PGI) ‘Ternasco de Aragón’ PDO ‘Ternasco de Aragón
- PDO ‘Cariñena
- Campo de Borja’ PDO
- Somontano‘ PDO
- Calatayud’ PDO
- Valle del Cinca’ PGI
- Bajo Aragón” PGI
- IGP “Ribera del Gállego-Cinco Villas” PGI
- IGP “Ribera del Jiloca” PGI
- PGI “Valdejalón” PGI
- Organic production
The average subsidy paid is 85 % of the duly justified expenditure.
The application period is 20 working days from the day following publication in the BOA.
Support for agri-food associations
The Department of Agriculture, Livestock and the Environment has been promoting actions to encourage and support agri-food associations, as it considers that figures such as differentiated quality schemes help to improve marketing possibilities, increase the profitability of farms and strengthen the productive fabric in rural areas, making them one of the most powerful tools in the fight against depopulation.
Currently, in Aragon, only 5% of agricultural and livestock production corresponds to differentiated quality products and to improve this margin, the Executive has incorporated the link to differentiated quality figures in all aid lines as a positive discrimination.