Huesca, located in the autonomous community of Aragon, is a privileged destination for astro-tourism lovers. Surrounded by breathtaking natural landscapes and away from the light pollution of big cities, this province offers a unique experience of astronomical observation. Here is a list of the best places in Huesca to enjoy astro-tourism:
1. Ordesa y Monte Perdido National Park: This national park, declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, is a true paradise for stargazing. With its imposing mountains, deep valleys and crystalline rivers, it offers an incomparable natural environment to enjoy the night sky.
2. Parque Natural de los Cañones y la Sierra de Guara: Located in the Hoya de Huesca region, this natural park stands out for its spectacular karst relief and steep canyons. Its rugged landscapes and away from light pollution make this place a perfect setting for stargazing.
3. Huesca Astronomical Observatory: Located in the municipality of Huesca, this observatory is a reference center for astronomical research and dissemination. It offers guided tours and activities for all types of public, providing the opportunity to explore the universe in an educational and fascinating way.
4. Posets-Maladeta Natural Park: In the region of Ribagorza is this natural park, home to the highest mountains in the Pyrenees. Its snow-capped peaks, glacial lakes and extensive forests make a perfect environment for stargazing in a quiet and secluded atmosphere.
5. Charming villages: Many of the picturesque villages of Huesca, such as Alquézar, Aínsa, Benasque or Jaca, are surrounded by unspoiled nature and offer dark skies perfect for astro-tourism. These picturesque locations provide a unique combination of astronomical observation and rural authenticity.
6. Los Mallos de Riglos: These imposing cliffs offer a perfect backdrop for astro-tourism, providing the opportunity to enjoy starry nights and observe the celestial vault in all its splendor. In this privileged corner of Aragon, far from the light pollution of the cities, visitors can delight in the contemplation of shooting stars, constellations and the Milky Way, immersing themselves in a fascinating cosmic journey under the starry sky of the Mallos de Riglos.
In short, Huesca is a fascinating destination for astro-tourism enthusiasts, as it has a wide variety of places offering spectacular views of the night sky. Whether in natural parks, observatories or charming villages, astronomy lovers will find in Huesca a perfect setting to enjoy the magic of the universe.